Organization : Amazon
Job Role : Application Engineer
Location : Hyderabad
Qualification : BE/B Tech
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 3 – 4 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.amazon.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Amazon.com, Inc. (Amazon.com), incorporated on May 28, 1996, serves consumers through its retail websites and focus on selection, price, and convenience. The Company offers programs that enables sellers to sell their products on its Websites and their own branded Websites and to full fill orders through them , and programs that allow authors, musicians, film makers, application developers, and others to publish and sell content. The Company operates in two segments: North America and International
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics
* Must be able to build efficient data models using industry best practices and metadata for ad hoc and pre-built reporting
* Must interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data & reporting solutions owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
* Must continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers
* Should interface with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from a wide variety of data sources
* Must own the functional and nonfunctional scaling of software systems in your ownership area.
* Must provide input and recommendations on technical issues to BI Engineers, Business & Data Analysts and Data Scientists.
* Must have strong understanding of ETL concepts and experience building them with large-scale, complex datasets using traditional or map reduce batch mechanism.
* Should have strong data modelling skills with solid knowledge of various industry standards such as dimensional modelling, star schemas etc
* Must be extremely proficient in writing performant SQL working with large data volumes
* Must have experience in designing and operating very large Data Warehouses
* Should have experience with scripting for automation (e.g., UNIX Shell scripting, Python, Perl, Ruby).
* Must be good to have experience working on AWS stack
* Should be a clear thinker with superb problem-solving skills to prioritize and stay focused on big needle movers
* Should be curious, self-motivated & a self-starter with a ‘can do attitude’. Comfortable working in fast paced dynamic environment.
* Must have knowledge of Big Data Solutions. Experience with Hadoop, Hive or Pig or equivalent Amazon’s offerings.
* Should have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.