|Organization Name||American Express|
|Job Role||Engineer Trainee|
The American Express Company, also known as Amex, is an American multinational financial services corporation headquartered in Three World Financial Center in New York City. The company was founded in 1850, and is one of the 30 components of the Dow Jones Industrial Average.The company is best known for its credit card, charge card, and traveler’s cheque businesses. In 2016, credit cards using the American Express network accounted for 22.9% of the total dollar volume of credit card transactions in the US.
- Must be embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic new team of high-performers.
- This group will be nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap.
- Should be part of a fast–paced, entrepreneurial team responsible for delivering world class platform capabilities for American Express.
- IMDP team is responsible for bringing data from different source systems for risk partners to do analytics.
- Must also be responsible for Controlling and monitoring the quality of data so that decision making can be accurate.
- Must also develop production applications and create capabilities which are a driver for several business initiatives like prevention of Fraud, Collection models, different economics of credit card etc.
- Should be part of the Digital Customer Experience (DCE) group in the Digital Analytics and Insights team. DCE is the Global Center of Excellence in American Express for the definition, development and delivery of Enterprise-level digital experiences and capabilities.
- Must have completed BE/B Tech from a recognised university.
- Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics
- Must posses excellent programming skills in Java/C++/Python
- Should possess a strong foundation in data structure and algorithms.
- Should be proficient in Linux/Unix and open source tools/platforms.
- Must have proficiency in high scale/distributed RDBMS/file systems.
- Must have knowledge on Big Data technology stacks (HDFS, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, SOLR/Elastic
- Must search, Redis/MemcacheD, Spark, Storm, Kafka, etc.)
- Should have solid written and oral communication skills with an ability to convey results, explain issues, drive resolution.
- Must have ability to think outside the box to develop solutions to complex issues and drive results.
- Must have interest in all digital things
- Should be strategic thought leadership and problem solving skills with ability to solve unstructured and complex business problems