Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) is India’s premier nuclear research facility based in Trombay, Mumbai, Maharashtra. BARC is a multi-disciplinary research centre with extensive infrastructure for advanced research and development covering the entire spectrum of nuclear science, engineering and related areas. BARC’s core mandate is to sustain peaceful applications of nuclear energy, primarily for power generation. It manages all facets of nuclear power generation, from theoretical design of reactors, computerized modelling and simulation, risk analysis, development and testing of new reactor fuel materials, etc. It also conducts research in spent fuel processing, and safe disposal of nuclear waste. Its other research focus areas are applications for isotopes in industries, medicine, agriculture, etc. BARC operates a number of research reactors across the country. BARC is now recruiting freshers as stenographer & purchase assistant with the required educational qualifications and this post provides the information regarding the list of vacancies, pay scale, apply process etc. Interested and eligible candidates can check and apply for the vacancies below before 16th April 2018.
List Of Vacancies: 11
* Stenographer Grade I – 01
* Stenographer Grade III – 05
* Purchase Assistant – 05
* Must have completed Matriculation or its equivalent from a recognised university.
* Must have speed of 100 w.p.m in English Shorthand and 45 w.p.m. in English typing
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Must have completed any diploma or Graduation from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 55% through out academics.
* Diploma in Materials Management will be preferred mainly.
Will be given a minimum basic pay scale of Rs 35,400/- Per Month
Will be given a minimum basic pay scale of Rs 25,500/- Per Month
Must have minimum age limit of 18 Years and maximum age limit of 27 years as on 16-04-2018 and age relaxation of 03 years is applicable for OBC Candidates and 05 years for SC/ST Candidates and 10 years for PWD candidates.
* Selection will be made on the basis of initial screening and then qualifying in the following competitive examination. After scrutiny of applications, eligible candidates will be issued with admit card to appear in the Competitive Written Examination.
* Those who qualify in the Written Examination/Skill Test will have to appear for document verification in Mumbai.
* Objective Multiple Choice Type Written Examination(200 Marks) for all posts.
* Time of duration is 2 Hrs. (2 Hours 40 Minutes for visually handicapped candidates)
* The questions will be set both in Hindi and English.Questions for Part A will be in English.
* Examination comprises of General English, General Knowledge, Reasoning & Quantitative Aptitude.
* Skill Test(200 Marks) for Stenographer Grade II and Stenographer Grade III. Final selection will be based on the marks scored in the Tier-I and Tier-II exam (skill test).
* Descriptive Type Written Examination(100 Marks) for Junior Purchase Assistant, Junior Storekeeper.Final selection will be based only on the marks scored in the Tier-II examination.