Organization : Barclays
Job Role : Test Engineer
Location : Pune
Qualification : BE/B Tech
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 2.75 – 4 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.barclays.in
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics
* Should be developing automated functional testing for the suite of applications in Loan Syndication and Loan Trading business areas.
* Should focuses on test engineering; this is a primarily a programming position.
* QTP and screen recorder scripts are not automated test suites in our opinion.
* Should assess the application functionality and devise appropriate automated test strategy (with guidance).
* Must include choosing tools, structuring test data and developing the solution.
* Should test target platform primarily consists of HTML5 applications and REST services.
* Must perform some manual testing might be needed but not the primary focus.
* Should own, organize and execute the test suites while working closely with the Dev team.
* Must have strong problem-solving and analytical skills are required.
* The role is not “coding to a spec”, but rather understanding the system under test and devising an appropriate test strategy.
* This will involve some creative out of the box thinking to get most value for our testing efforts.
* Must be comfortable working within that complexity and weighing options for an optimal, yet pragmatic solution.
* Must involve creating tools to support the testing efforts.
* Should collate test results, schedule test runs, test on multiple web browsers and similar.
* Should though the role does not involve creating new protocols, it may involve using and understanding messaging protocols provided by internal architecture teams or market standards bodies.
* These would be used to interact with services.
* Must be comfortable working in a closely collaborative environment.
* The role involves working with the Dev team, BA(s) and other stakeholders on a daily basis.
* Must have attention to detail is critical – the teams will depend on test suite run results to make critical release decisions.
* Must have strong professional software development experience.
* Must have good experience with Automated functional testing strongly preferred.
* Must have good software development fundamentals (Clean code and data structures).
* Must have google Chrome Dev Tools knowledge.