Organization : Barclays
Job Role : Software Developer
Location : Pune
Qualification : BE/B Tech/MCA/M Sc
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 2.75 – 4 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.barclays.in
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Barclays is an international financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking and wealth management with an extensive presence in Europe, the Americas, Africa and Asia. Barclays’ purpose is to help people achieve their ambitions – in the right way.With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 50 countries and employs approximately 140,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA/M Sc from a recognised university
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Must be able to assist with extensions to the Fixed Income trade capture and workflow systems in order to support the Fixed Income business.
* Must have strong communication skills and an understanding of fixed income products and pricing will allow this developer to interface effectively with business analysts and understand the enhancements required to bring new markets onto this platform.
* Should experience with developing in front office trading systems and the software development processes used by large teams is preferred.
* Must be given the wide range of systems and technologies in use by fixed income, the candidate must be able to quickly understand existing systems and make extensions in a way that limits regression impact.
* Candidate will be expected to work autonomously and have experience working on large globally distributed teams.
* Must deliver new features and fix issues within the platform.
* Should contribute to and lead design exercises.
* Must perform peer code reviews.
* Should provide rota based 3rd line support for TCC services.
* Must engage with Business Analysts on project work, and directly with users on Minor Works.
* Must have knowledge on stakeholder management and guidance to other new joiners.
* Must have decision making and problem solving for production issues.
* Must have strong core Java background with completely hands on experience on complex systems written in Java.
* Must have strong knowledge of XML structures, navigation, validation and transformation.
* Must have experience with web services and multithreading.
* Should be exposure to Java GUI development.
* Must have good SQL skills.
* Should have experience with the full software development lifecycle and the complexities that come with managing a large team of developers working on a common code base.
* Must have strong communication skills and the ability to discuss relevant business concepts with business analysts, traders, operations, front office support and testers.
* Must have experience working as part of a global team, following follow-the-sun model.
* Should have understanding of fixed income products and pricing.
* Having knowledge on microsoft .NET a plus.
* Messaging technologies (Solace, MQ) a plus.
* Maven/Spring & Perforce a plus.