Organization : Caterpillar
Job Role : Data Scientist
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Best In Industry
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.caterpillar.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500. Caterpillar stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech from a recognised university.
* Candidate should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Must have knowledge on supply chain management, logistics or a related field.
* Should require relevant experience in supply chain, network optimization & simulation.
* Must have basic level knowledge of any one of the supply chain optimization tools (Barloworld CAST, JDA Transportation Modeler, ILOG CPLEX, Supply Chain Guru, IBM LogicNet)
* Must be comfortable in working in MS Office, and industry standard statistics and data visualization packages
* Must have willingness to travel up to 25% of the time throughout the year, with some months in excess of that.
* Must perform supply chain, logistics, or industrial engineering (operation research).
* Should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word)
* Must have excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Must be a good analytical thinker, experience in data analysis and project management, ability to work well in team settings and attention to detail.
* Should be responsible for supporting network, transportation or inventory model for process partners by leveraging supply chain simulation and optimization software with guidance from senior associates.
* Must have effective communication skills, ability to organize work and persuasiveness.