Organization : Caterpillar
Job Role : Product Service Engineer
Location : Chennai
Qualification : BE/B Tech(Mechanical)
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Best In Industry
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.caterpillar.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Caterpillar Inc., is an American corporation which designs, manufactures, markets and sells machinery, engines, financial products and insurance to customers via a worldwide dealer network. Caterpillar is the world’s leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. With more than US$89 billion in assets, Caterpillar was ranked number one in its industry and number 44 overall in the 2009 Fortune 500. Caterpillar stock is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech(Mechanical) from a recognised university.
* Candidate should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Should monitor the overall performance of products to reduce warranty costs and to meet needs of customers worldwide.
* Should identify problems, investigate causes and establish priorities for resolution.
* Must define problems in terms of observed symptoms, research available data, define applications and conditions encountered, identify root cause, work with dealers and technical staff to identify information needed, issue PIR (Product Improvement Request), develop plans to fix problem including validation, and publish corrective action.
* Should udentify tests that need to be completed, data to be obtained and analyzed for course of action.
* Should monitor results after change.
* Must initiate action for product improvement through PIP/PSP warranty program preparation to address commercial/business impact of field problems.
* Should initiate preparation and distribution of technical publications to identify problems, communicate resolutions and announce product improvements.
* Must provide input to NPI (New Product Introduction) team to set serviceability, reliability and durability goals and pilot test program.
* Should identify number of pilot machines needed, dealer placement, rework needed at conclusion of pilot and assess ready to ship.
* Must provide technical product support to dealer personnel, subsidiary service groups, marketing units, design engineers, technical information division, test and evaluation, etc.
* Should support marketing units with technical guidance to manage customer problems with product deficiencies.
* Must support design engineer activity; identify market needs to be considered in new/changes to product.
* Should provide counsel to subsidiary plant service engineering/product quality on product problem maintenance.
* Must respond to dealer/customer and other Caterpillar employee questions regarding product performance.
* Should conduct dealer and customer visits to personally provide technical assistance on urgent field problems and for follow up purposes.
* Must maintain communications on the level necessary for multi plant involvement on a worldwide basis.
* Must have extensive experience in service, service engineering and product support related positions.
* Should have strong mechanical aptitude and product knowledge and good engineering background.
* Must have effective communication skills, ability to organize work and persuasiveness.