Organization : eBay
Job Role : Software Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech/MCA/B Sc
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Best In Industry
No.of Vacancies : 20
Website : www.ebay.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
eBay Inc. is an American multinational internet consumer-to-consumer corporation, headquartered in San Jose, California. It was founded in 1995, and became a notable success story of the dot-com bubble; it is now a multi-billion dollar business with operations localized in over thirty countries. The company manages eBay.com, an online auction and shopping website in which people and businesses buy and sell a broad variety of goods and services worldwide. In addition to its auction-style sellings, the website has since expanded to include “Buy It Now” standard shopping; shopping by UPC, ISBN, or other kind of SKU (via Half.com); online classified advertisements (via Kijiji or eBay Classifieds); online event ticket trading (via StubHub); online money transfers (via PayPal) and other services.
* This is a challenging, highly technical engineering role requiring analytical, innovative thinkers who can build cutting edge technologies and use next-generation eBay’s core marketplace platform: a global, distributed component architecture serving 100+ million visits a week which remains the largest e-commerce platform in the world.
* This is a challenging, highly technical quality engineering role requiring analytical, innovative thinkers who can build cutting edge technologies and use next-generation automation techniques to successfully certify and automate eBay’s core marketplace platform: a global, distributed component architecture serving 100+ million visits a week which remains the largest e-commerce platform in the world.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA/B Sc from a recognised university.
* Candidate should have a basic understanding of technical concepts required for specialized field.
* Candidate must be learning to estimate software schedules, and to deliver on time without quality issues.
* Candidate should be learning to work effectively as part of a team
* Candidate should design and implement projects throughout all phases of the software development life cycle
* Candidate must be able to work with engineers and other cross functional teams including Research, Project Management, Quality Assurance, Operations etc. to develop great software that meets market needs with respect to functionality, reliability, performance, scalability
* Candidate should have knowledge to track business impact of features on a regular basis, and rely on data to make informed decisions about future directions
* Candidate must be performing scoping, prioritizing, planning, bug fixing, site rollout, documentation, having fun
* To succeed in this role you must be passionate about being a customer advocate and delivering high-quality designs and components that horizontally scale.
* Candidate must be creative in solving hard problems in our high scale systems and unafraid to think out-of-the-box.