Organization : Expedia
Job Role : Software Developer
Location : Gurgaon
Qualification : BE/B Tech/MCA/M Sc
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 3 – 4.5 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.expedia.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Expedia, Inc is an American travel company that owns and operates several international global online travel brands, primarily travel fare aggregator websites and travel meta search engines including Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, trivago, Venere.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, and Home Away. The company operates more than 200 travel booking websites in more than 75 countries, and has listings for more than 350,000 hotels and 500 airlines.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA/M Sc from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics
* Must have experience in Software Development
* Should have good understanding of UI (HTML, CSS, Java Script frameworks) & JVM (Java, Scala) technologies
* Must have understanding and/or experience in Cloud based deployments & infrastructure – AWS preferred
* Should have understanding of Messaging, caching, nosql infrastructure such as Kafka, Redis, MongoDB etc.
* Must have strong sense of ownership – help the team win
* Must have good written & spoken communication
* Should have good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Must have the ability to ramp up on technology stacks with guidance & deliver high quality code in a timely manner to solve business problems that Comet focuses on.
* Should have the opportunity to work alongside other Senior developers on your team and other tech. teams to come up with solutions.
* Must be supported by a large community of Software Engineers to solve some complicated Technology problems.
* Most of our software is JVM based, uses Scala, Java, Java script frameworks, Spring MVC, Spring boot deployed using docker based images, we use Kafka, Redis, MongoDB among other technologies.
* Must have ability to take risks with a ‘make it happen’ approach