Organization : GE Applinaces
Job Role : Lead CAD Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : B Tech/BE(Mechanical)
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 3 – 6.5 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.ge.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
GE Appliances, a Haier company and Affiliates (GEA), is more than a place to work. We imagine, design and build some of the world’s best appliances. Our people strive to improve themselves, the company and the community—building challenging and rewarding careers along the way. We value diversity, teamwork, innovation and lean manufacturing. We work with some of the best people in the world who take pride in our products and thrive on challenges. More than a place to work, it is a place of opportunity, a place to grow and a place to develop your career.
* Candidate should have completed BE/B Tech(Mechanical) from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Must work as part of centralized CAE team and closely interact with Global CAE analysts and design engineers to provide analysis support for appliance products during product design and development process.
* Should perform CFD analysis using Star CCM+ in various physics regimes including: rotating machinery, combustion, conjugate heat transfer and multi-phase flow
* Must extract, simplify and mesh flow domains from complex CAD assemblies, with appropriate capture of boundary layer as required by physics
* Should resolve convergence issues for complex non-linear physics like combustion and multiphase flow
* Must perform CFD using Star CCM+ and other software packages to solve for pressure, velocity, temperature, phase fraction, species concentration, etc.
* Should perform design optimization and propose suitable design changes based on CFD analysis.
* Must develop parametric models/tools for various CFD analyses.
* Should develop scripting or automation tools for analysis cycle time reduction.
* Must work closely with development labs for correlation of analytical and experimental results.
* Should actively support global Technology teams in creating novel design solutions and strategic IP for Appliances Technology.
* Must have knowledge of CAD tools such as PTC Creo .
* Should have demonstrated problem solving skills with a passion for learning and teaching.
* Must have good fluid dynamics aptitude and understanding of engineering fundamentals.
* Must be self-starting leader with excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
* Must have ability to work effectively in a cross-functional matrixed organization.
* Should have demonstrated ability to work multiple projects in parallel.
* Must have demonstrated ability in numerical simulation and clear presentation of analysis results
* Should have ability to work in a global virtual environment