Organization : IBM
Job Role : System Engineer
Location : Pune
Qualification : BE/B Tech/MCA
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 3 – 4.5 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.ibm.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
The International Business Machines Corporation (commonly referred to as IBM) is an American multinational technology and consulting corporation, with headquarters in Armonk, New York. IBM manufactures and markets computer hardware, middle ware and software, and offers infrastructure, hosting and consulting services in areas ranging from mainframe computers to nanotechnology.The company originated in 1911 as the Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) through a merger of the Tabulating Machine Company, the International Time Recording Company, and the Computing Scale Company.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics
* Should provide 1st level / 2nd level support to end-users in troubleshooting and resolving of desktop PC/Server problems
* Should be able to support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines
* Activities should require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
* Should assists staff with the installation, configuration, and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment and software within established standards and guidelines.
* Should work with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems with desktop computing equipment and software.
* Must work with Help Desk and Network Operations staff as appropriate to determine and resolve problems received from clients.
* Should interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment.
* Must ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
* Will be Trained and orient staff on use of hardware and software.
* Must recommends and / or performs upgrades on systems to ensure longevity.
* Should work with procurement staff to purchase hardware and software.
* Must have proven Communication skills.
* Should have ability to quickly analyze & diagnose the problem.
* Must be hardworking, Ready to learn and drive to achieve