Organization : Indian Navy
Job Role : SSC & PC Officer
Location : Across India
Qualification : BE/B Tech/M Sc/MA
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 72,444 – 81,700 per month
No.of Vacancies : 28
Website : www.joinindiannavy.gov.in/
Apply Mode : Online
Last Date : 20-04-2017
Selection Process : Written Test,Face-to- Face Interview
The Indian Navy is the naval branch of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India serves as Supreme Commander of the Indian Navy.The Chief of Naval Staff, usually a four-star officer in the rank of Admiral, commands the navy. The Indian Navy is the fifth largest in the world.It played an important role in India’s victory in the 1971 Indo-Pakistani War.The Indian Navy can trace its lineage back to the East India Company’s Marine which was founded in 1612 to protect British merchant shipping in the region. In 1793 the East India Company established its rule over eastern part of the Indian subcontinent i.e. Bengal, but it was not until 1830 that the colonial navy became known as Her Majesty’s Indian Navy.
List Of Vacancies:28
* Short Service Commission – 14
* Permanent Commission – 14
Short Service Commission:
* Candidate must have completed M Sc/MA from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech from a recognised university.
* Must have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Only one application is to be filled by a candidate.
* Candidates will be shortlisted for SSB based on their academics performance.
* Should not have maximum age limit of 24 Years as On 01-03-2017
* Will be given a minimum basic pay scale of Rs 72,444 – Rs 81,700 PM
* Height & weight. Minimum height Male – 157 cm, Female – 152 cm with correlated weight as per age andheight.
* Eye sight. The minimum acceptable vision standards for distance is 6/60, 6/60 correctable to 6/6, 6/12 with glasses. Should not be colour / night blind.