India has an extensive network of inland waterways in the form of rivers, canals, backwaters and creeks. The total navigable length is 14,500 km, out of which about 5200 km of the river and 4000 km of canals can be used by mechanized crafts. Freight transportation by waterways is highly under-utilized in India compared to other large countries and geographic areas like the United States, China and the European Union. The total cargo moved (in tonne kilo metres) by the inland waterway was just 0.1% of the total inland traffic in India, compared to the 21% figure for United States. Cargo transportation in an organised manner is confined to a few waterways in Goa, West Bengal, Assam ,and Kerala. Inland Waterways Authority of India (IWAI) is the statutory authority in charge of the waterways in India. Its headquarters is located in Noida, UP. IWAI is recruiting freshers across india for technical assistant and this post will provide the information regarding recruitment.
List Of Vacancies: 10
* Technical Assistant
* Must have Completed Bachelor’s Degree inCivil/Mechanical/Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture or equivalent. OR
* Diploma in Civil/Mechanical/Marine Engineering/Naval Architecture from a recognized institute viz 3 years’ experience in an organization for carrying out works in the relevant field.
* Must have experience in design or Civil structure/experience in dredging an inland vessels experience in Marine workshop/experience in design inland vessels.
* Must have maximum age limit of 30 Years as on 01-11-2017 and age relaxation is applicable as per organization rules
* Will be given a minimum basic pay scale of Rs 9,300-34,800/- PM
* Selection process is based on written test and Interview.
* The syllabus of the written test (online/ offline) shall be the standard of prescribed eligibility criteria; which may consist of 120 multiple choice objective questions ( with 1/3 mark to be debited for every wrong answer).
* The written test consisting of Part-A & Part-B;
* Part-A consisting of 100 questions shall be technical in nature, covering the syllabus of prescribed eligibility criteria for the post and
* Part-B consisting of 20 objective MCQ shall be from the General awareness, General reasoning / Gr English / Numerical ability & general Arithmetic of the 12th Standard and time allotted will be 2.30 hour.
* The process of interview has been done away and hence category wise merit list shall be prepared only on the basis of marks achieved by the candidates in the written examination.