Organization : Newell Brands
Job Role : Design Engineer
Location : Chennai
Qualification : BE/B Tech(Mechanical)
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 3.5 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.fresherjobs9.com
Apply Mode : Online
Last Date : ASAP
Newell Brands is an American worldwide marketer of consumer and commercial products with a portfolio of brands including Rubbermaid food storage, home organization and reusable container products; Contigo and Bubba water bottles; Coleman outdoor products; Diamond matches; Sharpie, Expo Markers, PaperMate, Dymo, Elmer’s, Krazy Glue, Mr. Sketch, Parker Pens, Uniball, Prismacolor, Rotring, Xacto, Waterman, Berol stationery products; Bicycle and Bee Playing Cards; Aprica, Nuk, Tigex, Babysun, Baby Jogger and Graco children’s products; First Alert alarm systems; Calphalon cookware and kitchen electrics; Sunbeam, Rival, Crock-Pot, Holmes, FoodSaver, Oster, Osterizer, Mr. Coffee small kitchen appliances; Yankee Candle candles; and Goody hair care accessories.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech(Mechanical) from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Must have demonstrated computer literacy in CAD (Creo preferred)
* Should have demonstrated knowledge of problem solving techniques and methodologies
* Must have basic understanding of applicable manufacturing processing
* Should have strong interpersonal and project management skills
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Must have ability to perform in a team environment
* Must be a significant Travel – several month long stay in the United States will be required as part of the initial training and orientation.
* Must understand the principles of basic surfacing to ensure exposure to master, skeleton, and kinematic models.
* Should support Moldflow and finite element analysis (FEA) with guidance to deliver a robust engineering design.
* Should develops computer-aided design (CAD) models based on industrial design intent to transform concepts into manufacturable specifications.
* Must have demonstrated and fundamental understanding of manufacturing processes and materials to ensure designs are specified as best cost.
* Should participate in brainstorm activities to push the limits on product design while maintaining product integrity.
* Must have basic understanding of manufacturing tolerances and ability to apply nominal tolerances to CAD objects.