|Job Role||Technical Engineer|
|No Of Vacancies||10|
Red Hat, Inc. is an American multinational software company providing open-source software products to the enterprise community. Founded in 1993, Red Hat has its corporate headquarters in Raleigh, North Carolina, with satellite offices worldwide.Red Hat has become associated to a large extent with its enterprise operating system Red Hat Enterprise Linux and with the acquisition of open-source enterprise middle ware vendor JBoss. Red Hat also offers Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), an enterprise virtualization product. Red Hat provides storage, operating system platforms, middle ware, applications, management products, and support, training, and consulting services.
Roles & Responsibilities Involved:
- Should help the team focus on resolving issues for enterprise customers by providing high-level technical support and sustaining engineering services to maximize uptime and reduce IT costs.
- Will be having the opportunity to work with leading open source developers to create new solutions and customer offerings.
- Will also receive on-the-job training, including an introduction to Red Hat’s offerings like Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and related technologies including virtualization, storage, clustering, cloud, and satellite, as well as soft skills training and troubleshooting.
- This role has the potential to convert into a full-time role as an Associate Technical Support Engineer at the end of the internship period.
- Candidature must possess Bachelor’s Degree (BE/B Tech) from a recognised university
- Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics
- Should posses excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be a red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification, or overall 70% marks in engineering for non-RHCE candidates
- Must have basic understanding of Linux, UNIX, and open source
- Should be familiarity with the C language and development tools like GCC
- Must have knowledge of networking and UNIX-like services and concepts
- Must be get involved in open source community contribution through projects is a plus