Organization : Schneider Electric
Job Role : Design Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech(Mechanical)
Experience : Experienced
Salary : Rs 3 – 5 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.schneider-electric.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, and Data Centers & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group’s 140,000 plus employees achieved sales of 24 billion euros in 2012, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech(Mechanical) from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Must have custom knowledge of Mechanical engineering of LV & MV Switchgear orders.
* Should be preparing Mechanical Bill of Material based on electrical/customer inputs using standard designs.
* Must design custom assemblies based on custom requirements, in case non-existence of standard assemblies.
* Should be completing all the orders and projects with expected QUALITY.
* Must be completing orders/projects within specified schedule.
* Should be working on process improvement projects.
* Must provide virtual technical support for shop floor for the orders engineered.
* Should take up stretched assignments as and when needed.
Knowledge of manufacturing processes and assembly.
* Must have knowledge of Sheet metal operations and processing
* Should have knowledge on 3D modeling and designing experience in ProE/Creo. Modules: Part, Sheetmetal, Assembly and Drawing.
* Should have ability to train other engineers in team in Creo software.
* Should work in a virtual environment. (Without seeing the product physically, as Manufacturing Plants are in North America).
* Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Should be able to interact with Electrical Engineers, Customers, Project Mangers and Trainers to seek design solutions.
* Should be team player and can work in a multicultural team.
* Must have good interpersonal and customer relation skills.
* Must have hands of experience in manufacturing, or if have worked closely with manufacturing will be an added advantage.
* Must be designing and manufacturing experience in sheet metal will be an added advantage.
* Should have knowledge of low voltage switchboard / switchgear design, installation, and use.
* Must have ability to interpret basic front elevation, one-line, and schematic drawings.
* Should have experience in mechanical design of low/medium voltage switchgear.