Organization : Seagate
Job Role : Software Developer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech/MCA/ME
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 3.5 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.seagate.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Skills Required : Unix,Linux
Seagate Technology PLC (commonly referred to as Seagate) is an American-founded data storage company that was incorporated in 1978 as Shugart Technology. Since 2010, the company is incorporated in Dublin, Ireland, with operational headquarters in Cupertino, California, United States. Seagate developed the first 5.25-inch hard disk drive (HDD) in 1980, the 5-megabyte ST-506. They were a major supplier in the microcomputer market during the 1980 ‘s, especially after the introduction of the IBM XT in 1983. Today Seagate along with Western Digital dominates the HDD market.
* System Integration testing (SIT) on storage products on various o/s, e.g. Linux, Unix and Windows
* Bring-up, testing and acceptance of x86-based embedded server architecture, h/w and f/w.
* Raising and tracking defects in Jira
* Carrying out sanity checks on new code builds and subsequent functional testing
* Performing performance, stress, data integrity, integration and regression testing
* Retesting and verification of defects
* Installation and configuration of lab equipment and test systems i.e. hardware modules, cabling, operating systems, software and advanced analysis tools
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA/ME from a recognised university.
* Candidate should have an aggregate of 65% through out academics.
* Candidate should have high degree of self-motivation and autonomy, but with the ability to work as part of a team
* Must have excellent communication skills
* Should have ability to act clearly while working under pressure to meet strict deadlines
* Must have problem solving skills
* Should have understanding of the software development lifecycle.
* Should be executing tests to a plan and reporting progress via our own web-based management system.