Organization : Shell
Job Role : Product Engineer
Location : Chennai
Qualification : BE/B Tech(Mechanical)
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 3.5 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.shell.in
Apply Mode : Online
Last Date : ASAP
Shell, is an Anglo-Dutch multinational oil and gas company headquartered in the Netherlands and incorporated in the United Kingdom. It is one of the six oil and gas “super majors” and the fifth-largest company in the world measured by 2015/16 revenues (and the largest based in Europe). Shell topped the 2013 Fortune Global 500 list of the world’s largest companies; in that year its revenues were equal to 84% of the Netherlands’ $555.8 billion GDP.
* Candidates should be BE/B Tech(Mechanical) from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Should be preparing/developing asset structure and bill of materials (BoM) using the equipments drawings, circuit diagrams, PEFS, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs etc., for Upstream operating units as per Shell Standards.
* Must have knowledge of preparation of RBI data sheets, converting process flow diagram into material selection diagrams, identifying corrosion loops, identifying integrity operating windows and operating parameters from corrosion monitoring framework, preparing corrosion loop descriptions and tags, identification of dominant failure modes & damage mechanism, knowledge of RBI procedures.
* Must have preperation, cleansing, validation of inspection data for CIMS deployment in the designated/assigned OUs, RBI data preparation, migrating pacer data and explain the inspection engineers on how to use CIMS tool and explain the analysis and results. Also provide the post deployment support for CIMS.
* Should be preparing/developing comprehensive workpacks from overhaul reports, maintenance reports, general tasklist, equipment specific task lists, spare part list, equipments drawings, circuit diagrams, P&IDs, operation and maintenance manuals of OEMs etc., for heavy duty rotary equipments like engines, pumps, compressors, turbines etc., for Downstream operating units as per Shell Standards.
* Must include detailed description of the tasks that need to be performed for overhauling / maintenance of each machine, parts required, tools required, time required and relationship between tasks.
* Should be involved in leading the team of engineers onsite in an operating unit for phyically verifying the piping, equipments, instruments etc., vis-à-vis the as build drawings such as P&IDs, PEFS, Control loops, DCS, General Layouts etc
* Must be able to create the Preventive Maintenance (PM) tasklists and general task lists based on the maintenance strategy and link it with maintenance plans and items.Interact and communicate with the site focals for Preventive Maintenance Libraries and maintenance strategies, understanding the intricacies about how the actual maintenance activities for static equipment, rotating equipment and other machinery have been planned and performed in various Upstream Operating Units of Shell.
* Must be able to assist the Senior Process Data Engineer in responding to inquiries related to the data and its functionality or use in a techncial support function; including training site staff in ERPs or use of Request Tools, running pilot tests and demonstrations, increasing awareness of ERP functionality (e.g. using Measurement Points more effectively.)
* Should provide technical Support function includes supporting managers and other staff on migration efforts.
* Must recommend and run site or Facilities & Equipments improvement projects (CI, SI or OI) through awareness of Group Engineering Methods and processes.
* Should understand how information and data is utilized within the site or location through awareness to extract and apply the methods of these tools to Data Quality (methods and processes are listed in the Skills Section).
* Must have engagement with the Site stakeholders such as Requestors and Approvers to communicate plans, obtain feedback, and solicit improvements.
* Should assist the managers to standardize processes, tools, methods, procedures as directed (Ex: Improving the data quality standards and best practices).
* Must network with counterparts and other levels of organization across the different data centers.
* Must have knowledge/Proficiency in AutoCAD, AutoPlant and other design and drafting software will be an added advantage.
* Should have effective communication skill and stakeholder management is a necessary skill for the job.
* Must have knowledge of Lean Six Sigma CI methodology is an added value.