The Southern Railway (abbreviated SR), headquartered at Chennai Central, is one of the 17 zones of Indian Railways. It is the earliest of the 17 zones of the Indian Railways created in independent India. It was created on 14 April 1951 by merging three state railways, namely, the Madras and Southern Mahratta Railway, the South Indian Railway Company, and the Mysore State Railway. The South Indian Railway was originally created in the British colonial times as Great Southern India Railway Co founded in Britain in 1853 and registered in 1859. Its original headquarters was in Tiruchirappalli (Trichy) and was registered as a company in London only in 1890. Southern Railway has released recruitment notification for freshers as trade apprentices with different cadres and required educational qualifications to fill the vacancies available and this post provides the required eligible criteria, pay scale and many other details. Interested and eligible candidates can check for the required and apply before 22nd February 2018.
List Of Vacancies: 457
* Fitter – 122 Posts
* Machinist – 12 Posts
* Turner – 10 Posts
* Welder (Gas&Electric) – 83 Posts
* Advance Welder – 04 Posts
* Electrician – 102 Posts
* Electronics Mechanics – 16 Posts
* Painter – 09 Posts
* Carpenter – 19 Posts
* Diesel Mechanic – 19 Posts
* Plumber – 10 Posts
* Wireman – 07 Posts
* Refrigeration and AC Mechanic – 02 Posts
* Electronics/Information Technology – 09 Posts
* Instrument Mechanic – 01 Post
* Draughtsman (Civil) – 10 Posts
* Fresher MTL(Radiology) – 03 Posts
* Fresher MTL(Pathology) – 03 Posts
* Fitter (Fresher) – 16 Posts
* Should have passed 10th Class Examination under 10 +2 system of education or its equivalent and also possess National Trade certificate in the notified trade issued by the National Council for Vocational Training.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
Candidates with higher qualifications viz. Degree/Diploma and Polytechnic holders/ Engineering Graduates are not eligible to apply.
Medical Laboratory Technician(MTL):
* Should have passed 12th Class Examination under 10 +2 system of education with physics, chemistry and Biology.
* Must have minimum age limit of 15 Years and maximum age limit of 24 Years as on 23-01-2018 and age relaxation is applicable as per government policy.
* For ITI Candidates training period of 01 Years is provided
* For Medical Laboratory Technician training period of i year and 3 months is provided
* For Fitter training period of 02 Years is provided
* Selection will be on the basis of merit list prepared in respect of all the candidates who apply against the notification.
* The merit list will be prepared by Committee nominated for the purpose on the basis of percentage of marks in matriculation (with minimum 50% (aggregate) marks) plus ITI marks.
* The Minimum percentage of 50% marks in aggregated in matriculation which is not applicable to SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/PWD candidates.
* For the purpose of calculation of percentage of matriculation, marks obtained by the candidates in all subjects will be reckoned and not on the basis of marks of any subject or a group of subjects.
* Candidates finally enlisted would be subject to verification of original testimonials and being found fit in appropriate Medical examination by Railways as applicable for the Workshop and for the other Units.
* For General & OBC Candidates – Rs 100/-
* For SC/ST/PWD/Women Candidates – NIL
All interested and eligible candidates can download the application form and duly filled application form send along with required documents to the following postal address on or before 22 February 2018
The Work Shop Personnel Officer,
Office of the Chief Work Shop Manager,
Signal & Telecommunication Work Shop,
Southern Railway – Podanur
Coimbatore – District Tamil Nadu – 641 023