Organization : Tata Communications
Job Role : Service Executive
Location : Chennai
Qualification : BE/B Tech
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 2.5 – 4 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.tatacommunications.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Tata Communications is a USD $3.2 billion (FY13) global communications and enterprise IT service provider that owns and operates the world’s most advanced sub sea cable network, delivering first-class infrastructure, enterprise solutions and partnerships to carriers and businesses worldwide.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Must have any certification related to broadcasting & transmission is an added advantage.
* Candidates must be customer-oriented, self-motivated, ambitious, and dedicated team player.
* Should have ability to adapt to changing environment and priorities.
* Must have ability to manage multiple assignments and issues simultaneously to meet timelines.
* Should have ability to manage multiple duty pattern in shifts both on site and off site.
* Must experience in Satellite, Broadcasting & Media and playout environment is an added advantage.
* Should be working in NOC environment in shifts dedicated to media customers, managing the end to end Video Connect Service setup riding over dedicated SDH Network including Nimbra equipments, encoders, decoders, L2 IP switches, Satellite Receivers, MCPC Mux, Rasterizers& other broadcasting equipment.
* Should handles Service delivery & Service assurance function for Video Connect Customers- Media & Entertainment segment, namely TV Channels, Sports Channels, Content distribution & Adhoc events like Common wealth games, Cricket world cup, IPL, EPL, NBA, etc, both in Media services operations centre as well as on site as per requirement.
* Must handles Services& backhaul network configuration, provisioning & troubleshooting activities on a dedicated platform meant for Video distribution. The platform uses the DTM protocol & proprietary equipments by Net Insight, AB Sweden and for MCPC service for uplink of TV channels, O&M of Harmonics Prostream Mux etc.,
* Should be maintaining service network infrastructure in accordance with industry Best Practices.
Providing technical support for the Video Connect Network & other elements of the service setup on 24×7.
* Must be responding to service requests and service escalations.
* Should be maintaining documentation, including network diagrams, procedures, and asset inventory.
* Must need to handle various functional reports, cross functional follow ups, ticketing & routine NOC activities,
* Should resolve various problems raised to NOC which occur due to problem in Video Connect network, if required by coordinating with other internal NOC teams responsible for the problematic segment.
* Must implement Change Management Requests as per process and TATs.
* Should prepare and send reports as prescribed and required format.
* Must have on-site project support & travelling to the site, for On-demand services like the current Cricket World cup, CWG games etc.