Organization : Teradata
Job Role : Software Engineer
Location : Hyderabad
Qualification : BE/B Tech/MCA/M Sc
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Best In Industry
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.teradata.com
Apply Mode : Online
Last Date : ASAP
At Teradata, we provide end-to-end solutions and services in data warehousing and big data and analytics that enable you to become a data-driven business…one that’s positioned to increase revenue, improve efficiency, and create the most compelling experience for your customers. You’ve got data. Lots of data. Human-, machine-, business- and interaction-generated data. And more of it becomes available every second of every day. But if you can’t find the customer and business insights within your data, it just remains untapped potential. That’s where we can help.
* Design, code, and test enhancements for Teradata database software for Aster integration
* Candidate is required to participate in the feature development using the agile development methodology.
* Ability to analyse code for functional and performance defects and correction of those defects is required.
* Focus on quality with excellent coding skills, attention to details and sound unit testing is required.
* Ability to contribute to test plans and test and code reviews is expected.
* This is an individual contributor position reporting to an Engineering Manager.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA/M Sc from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Should have strong knowledge of database concepts with SQL knowledge
* Should perform statistical algorithms for parallel in-database execution,
* Must have in depth knowledge of Teradata internals focusing on kernel, optimizer areas and extensibility features such as table operators, QueryGrid extensions
* Must have good understanding of the Aster analytics functions and features that are required to be integrated into Teradata software.
* Should be able to contribute to feature design specifications as well as analyse low to medium complex requirements for complex feature development
* Should have experience with large-scale, enterprise C/C++ software development. Working knowledge of Java would be an added advantage
* Must have strong data structure and algorithms fundamentals knowledge
* Should be self-motivated and self-organizing individual, with a high capacity for rapid learning and having meticulous attention to detail
* Should have knowledge of SQL and an understanding of relational database concepts either thru academic knowledge or working exposure
* Must have strong written and oral communication skills
* Must be a effective team player and experienced in software development life cycle. Use of Agile methodologies and tolls will be an advantage
* Should have strong analytical skills in parallel processing environment/software with strong IPC and parallel programming fundamentals
* Should have ability to work independently with minimal supervision