Organization : Thomson Reuters
Job Role : Associate Software Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 2.5 – 4 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.thomsonreuters.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Skills Required : HTML & CSS
Thomson Reuters, in collaboration with many of the financial industry’s largest firms, launches the Open Messaging Network, creating the world’s largest community of financial professionals and changing the way our customers communicate with their peers.The Wider Image re imagines visual storytelling and brings Reuters images and information to life through an entirely new interactive experience, created exclusively for the iPad. It is the first responsive design experience for news photography and has received more than 25 awards for innovation, photojournalism and design.
* Update, modify and correct graphical design elements on websites; Correct or recreate Photoshop files that are incomplete, missing elements, outdated or missing; handle any other graphical requests.
* Interpret content and design layout tickets to update or correct content and/or formatting on customer websites; move textual content from old sites to new sites; correct HTML as necessary.
* Work cross-functionally with designers, content writers, project managers, and other contributors to ensure sites are released on-time with a high level of customer satisfaction. Follow-up to resolve any issues with site/product.
* Hold final accountability for quality of HTML, CSS & XML coding on the site.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech from a recognised university.
* Candidate should have an aggregate of 65% through out academics.
* Should be able to write and utilize HTML, XHTML and CSS in the development and ongoing support of websites.
* Should be able to ensure web links are accurate
* Must be able to integrate websites and other products into proprietary Thomson Reuters applications.
* Must have knowledge in mainframe, z/OS, PL/1, JCL
* Should also have knowledge to create unit level tests
* Must have experience in use of source control tools such as Team Foundation Server
* Must be ablet to effectively balance and prioritize multiple projects and tasks concurrently
* Should have ability to interact effectively within and across other teams
* Should be a strong technical acumen and communications skills
* Must be proficient in XML and related technologies