Organization : Thomson Reuters
Job Role : Application Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech/MCA
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 2.5 – 4 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.thomsonreuters.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Thomson Reuters, in collaboration with many of the financial industry’s largest firms, launches the Open Messaging Network, creating the world’s largest community of financial professionals and changing the way our customers communicate with their peers.The Wider Image re imagines visual storytelling and brings Reuters images and information to life through an entirely new interactive experience, created exclusively for the iPad. It is the first responsive design experience for news photography and has received more than 25 awards for innovation, photojournalism and design.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Will provide Level 1 Support which is responsible for initial triage, trouble shooting, resolution and escalation as per service levels and documentation.
* Should be responsible for providing First level application support in the monitoring, management and control of the TR Services as defined by the responsibilities of the Team.
* Must liaise with the broader Tech Ops world for the business and application teams.
* Should be able to achieve maximum system availability and timely completion of the scheduled production workloads.
* Must produce and maintain documentation as per departmental document control standards, including support documents, project plans and status reports with a Proactively ensures all routine and non-routine events are completed in a timely manner.
* Must initiate and coordinate follow-up on outstanding application, system and network problems with appropriate teams.
* Must have ability to act rapidly and logically under pressure, and make effective use of others in resolving problems.
* Should have application support experience on Unix (Linux/Solaris) OS platform.
* Must have basic Knowledge of Network, Storage and Backup concepts.
* Should be good to have knowledge on Job schedulers like Cron / AutoSys.
* Must have basic knowledge of Database concepts.
* Should have familiarity with ITIL, ISO and BCP concepts.
* Must have security Awareness.
* Should have excellent Team skills, with ability to listen and contribute to discussions and meetings.
* Must be customer and service focused, with determination to meet their needs.
* Should have knowledge of IT infrastructure, change management methodologies, problem solving methodology.
* Must have keen interest in learning and expanding knowledge of Operating systems, protocols, Thomson
* Reuters applications and products, and in pursuing a career within Operations.