Organization : Thomson Reuters
Job Role : Network Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech/M Sc/MCA
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 2.5 – 4 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.thomsonreuters.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Thomson Reuters, in collaboration with many of the financial industry’s largest firms, launches the Open Messaging Network, creating the world’s largest community of financial professionals and changing the way our customers communicate with their peers.The Wider Image re imagines visual storytelling and brings Reuters images and information to life through an entirely new interactive experience, created exclusively for the iPad. It is the first responsive design experience for news photography and has received more than 25 awards for innovation, photojournalism and design.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA/M Sc from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Should provide monitoring, management, event correlation and troubleshooting for any alarms that occur.
Act as a first responder for all LAN network events.
* Must ensure the resolution of all issues and requests received by the team.
* Must execute network changes as requested.
* Should utilize ticketing tools to provide accurate records and metrics for all Network related incidents and changes.
* Must utilize standard network performance monitoring tools to gather information related to network performance.
* Should be troubleshooting standard network issues, capturing diagnostic details, engaging external vendors and maintaining incident logs.
* Must maintain accurate and clear communications with a wide variety of customers including external Tele-Communications vendors, external hardware vendors, Incident Management teams and management.
* Must have CCNA certification.
* Should have knowledge on ITIL processes (ITIL certified is added advantage)
* Must have deep understanding on networking basics and fundamentals.
* Should have hands on experience on Cisco switches, routers and Checkpoint firewalls.
* Must have knowledge of TCP/IP, the OSI model and standard network technologies.
* Must have ability to multi-task in a high pressured, time critical environment.
* Should have ability to communicate effectively.
* Must have demonstrated ability to follow standard procedures meticulously with attention to detail.
* Should have ability to learn new technologies quickly in a self-study environment.
* Must have experience with managing external customers expectations.
* Must have good written and verbal communications skills.
* Should be willing to work a flexible schedule to meet 24/7 business requirements.