Organization : UTI
Job Role : Industrial Engineer
Location : Chennai
Qualification : B Tech/BE(Mechanical)
Experience : 0 – 3 years
Salary : Rs 3 – 5 LPA
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.go2uti.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
UTI Worldwide is an international, non-asset-based supply chain services and solutions Company, with global footprint of 370+ offices and 240+ logistics centers in 60+ countries, providing services such as air and ocean freight forwarding, contract logistics, customs brokerage, distribution, inbound logistics, truckload brokerage and other supply chain management services.We deliver world class supply chain services and integrated solutions that optimize, control and sustain our Clients’ supply chains.
* Analyzes customer Request for Proposal information and leads solutions (operations design) including data needs assessment and collection, facility layouts, process design, staff planning, budgeting and proposal development.
* Actively participate in UTis Proprietary Advanced Quality Planning process for all implementations and major performance improvement initiatives.
* Will become proficient in using UTis Proprietary CL Pricing Model.
* Lead role in developing and delivering client presentations demonstrating solution approach and company capabilities.
* Leads project teams in LEAN improvement projects as designated by management
* Keeps abreast of relevant supply chain industry information, handling and storage equipment innovations, supply chain technology and operational best practices.
* Keeps abreast of current UTi customer base and operating solutions for use in developing solutions for new opportunities.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech(mechanical) from a recognised university.
* Candidate should have excellent problem solving, analytical and presentation skills
* Candidate must be strong in project management skills
* Candidates should have excellent written and oral communication skills
* Candidates should have excellent people skills and a proven ability to work within a team environment
* Candidate must have knowledge of Six Sigma or other process improvement methods and Lean Logistics
* Candidate must have advanced knowledge of all MS office products: Project, Visio, Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint
* Candidate must bepProficient in AutoCAD
* Candidate should have knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (Infor – WM4000/SCE10)
* Candidate must be self motivated and ability to work with minimum guidance
* Candidate must travel Frequently and travel flexibility required
* Candidate must have ability to work flexible hours and travel frequently (and often on short notice)