Organization : Vodafone
Job Role : Support Engineer
Location : Across India
Qualification : BE/B Tech/MCA
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Rs 4 LPA
No.of Vacancies : 30+
Website : www.vodafone.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
Skills Required : Linux,Unix,SQL & Shell Scripting
Vodafone come a long way since making the first ever mobile call in the UK on 1 January 1985. Today, more than 400 million customers around the world choose us to look after their communications needs. In 30 years, a small mobile operator in Newbury has grown into a global business and one of the most valuable brands in the world. We now operate in around 30 countries and partner with networks in over 50 more.
* Maintain the Unix and Linux environments which support Vodafone Group’s key business applications.
* Provide and operate IT infrastructure services for various applications and customers.
* Constantly optimize our infrastructure and deliver cost efficient services of high quality.
* Server operation of BI applications for VF Netherland.
* Solve incident & problem tickets and work orders from the 1st level and other departments.
* Correction of erroneous data by manual intervention and workarounds.
* Addressing, coordinating and tracking the removal of the causes of faults.
* Support migration of new & changed software, elaborate and perform production checks.
* Managing performance, stability and reliability of the systems.
* Publish daily / weekly / monthly status reports to users & IT stake holders.Support for scheduled activities (release support and changes for production).
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech/MCA from a recognised university.
* Candidate should have high knowledge of Unix / Linux operating system.
* Candidate must have profound knowledge of SQL and Shell scripting.
* Candidate should have good knowledge of ITIL process is mandatory.
* Candidate should have good knowledge of Operating System security.
* Candidate must have good knowledge of storage concepts.
* Candidates should have good communication skills.
* Candidate should have good analytical and reasoning skills.
* Candidate should have good problem solving and trouble shooting skills.