Organization : Volvo
Job Role : Design Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech(Mechanical)
Experience : 2 Years
Salary : Best In Industry
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.volvo.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
The Volvo Group is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothen burg. While its core activity is the production, distribution and sale of trucks, buses and construction equipment, Volvo also supplies marine and industrial drive systems and financial services. Although the two firms are still often conflated, Volvo Cars, also based in Gothenburg, has been a totally separate company since it was sold off in 1999. The companies still share the Volvo logo and co-operate in running the Volvo Museum.
* Candidate Should be BE/B Tech(Mechanical) from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Should have good knowledge on overall design of suspension system.
* Should perform design and installation of suspension components like Multi-leaf / parabolic spring, U bolts, bump stop, shock absorbers, anti-roll bar, structural design using casting/sheet metal/forging process.
* Must have understanding of complete suspension dynamics to be able to do the best overall design meeting required application.
* Should be involved in project vehicle builds, Verification and Validation of suspension components and possessing very good knowledge in analysing results of testing thereby improving design to meet the project demands.
* Must use of Quality tools in design.
* Should have knowledge of legal requirements for markets related to steering system.
* Must perform engineering documentation of drawings and specifications.
* Should support to Purchase Department in component development which are Volvo design or work along with supplier where component is the design proprietary of supplier.
* Must work with cross functional teams and with a global network of people within Product Development, Purchasing, Global Manufacturing and Aftermarket.
* The environment is global; therefore very good communication skill in English both written and spoken is essential.
* Must have very good skills in Pro-E.
* Should have knowledge of product development cycle is preferred.
* Should work with cross functional teams and with a global network of people within Product Development, Purchasing, Global Manufacturing and Aftermarket.
* Must be an excellent team player.
* Must take own initiatives and lead by example.