Organization : Volvo
Job Role : Software Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Best In Industry
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.volvo.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
The Volvo Group is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothen burg. While its core activity is the production, distribution and sale of trucks, buses and construction equipment, Volvo also supplies marine and industrial drive systems and financial services. Although the two firms are still often conflated, Volvo Cars, also based in Gothen burg, has been a totally separate company since it was sold off in 1999. The companies still share the Volvo logo and co-operate in running the Volvo Museum.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Should work and collaborate with project teams and the software verification leader to perform software verification activities according to project needs.
* Must perform the following activities according to SW verification plans and prioritizations as defined by the software verification leader
* Must analyze SW verification basis and derive SW test design
* Must analyze and document the performed SW tests in a test protocol. Create problem reports covering found defects during SW test execution. Communicate the results with project if necessary.
* Must analyze and review other sources for SW verification basis such as technical specifications, design information and models
* Should review SW test design and developed SW tests
* Must evaluate if start criteria has been met for software test, “sanity check” and report deviations from defined start criteria to the software verification leader
* Must work in synch with system engineering and software development teams to better understand requirements for effective testing; participate in project meetings
* Should collaborate with the software test system team to resolve issues related to HiL-test rigs or other software test systems and to also maintain 5S standards in the Software Test Lab
* Must support the software verification leader to frontload SW verification activities in HiL Rigs by collaborating with testing teams from higher test levels
* Should support the manager by contributing and implementing improvement ideas in way of working.
* Must follow defined processes, guidelines and VCE best practice when performing SW verification activities covering; SW verification methodologies, software test systems and tools
* Should support the software verification leader in the SW verification process improvement work in order to achieve common way of working globally.
* Must develop automation scripts in projects for automated verification based on the plan prepared by the Verification Leader
* Must investigate and simulate issues reported from the machine tests / field in the lab environment
* Should support software verification activities on complete machine based on project need
* Should develop and maintain SW tests based on the derived SW test design
* Must perform SW test execution
* Must document performed SW tests or found defects in the test protocol and problem reports.
* Must have good written & verbal communication skills in English
* Must have good foundation on Software / Hardware technology, Control System and Electrical & Electronic fundamentals
* Must have experience ranging from 0 (Fresher) to 1 year