Organization : Volvo
Job Role : Associate Engineer
Location : Bangalore
Qualification : BE/B Tech(Mechanical)
Experience : Freshers
Salary : Best In Industry
No.of Vacancies : NA
Website : www.volvo.com
Apply Mode : Online
Apply Date : ASAP
The Volvo Group is a Swedish multinational manufacturing company headquartered in Gothen burg. While its core activity is the production, distribution and sale of trucks, buses and construction equipment, Volvo also supplies marine and industrial drive systems and financial services. Although the two firms are still often conflated, Volvo Cars, also based in Gothen burg, has been a totally separate company since it was sold off in 1999. The companies still share the Volvo logo and co-operate in running the Volvo Museum.
* Candidate should be BE/B Tech from a recognised university.
* Should have an aggregate of 60% through out academics.
* Should have successfully completed basic CAD training, preferably in Catia V5 with Exterior automotive experience is a plus.
* Must have knowledge in Volvo Products and Data Management systems such as Kola and Enovia is preferable.
* Should perform design, testing/validation and/or development projects within area of assignment to fulfill the project set Quality, Delivery, Cost, Feature targets.
* Must generate Value Engineering and Value Analysis (VA/VE) and Continuous Improvement (CI) ideas to reduce product costs and drive/support implementation as needed.
* Should analyze component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and implement cost effective solutions.
* Must support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
* Should build & follow component design time plan to meet project deadline.
* Must contribute to work in Cross functional activities to close out development open points and achieve set project deliverables.
* Must have Global mind-set to collaborate and work with engineers mostly at Cab,
* Should Chassis, Styling, Vehicle Architecture, Verification & Validation team both Locally as well as Other sites within Volvo.
* Must take ownership in development of engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules etc.)
* Should contribute towards knowledge management within the area of assignment.